Billy Gallagher is a coach born and raised in Belfast, Northern Ireland who moved to the United States in 2003 to continue his coaching aspirations as well as play soccer in college and completed his higher education. Since graduating from Westmont College in 2006, Gallagher has worked as the Program Director for the Starfinder Foundation, an inner city non-profit youth organization in Philadelphia that uses soccer as the vehicle to develop attitude, character and leadership. Gallagher then moved to Santa Barbara in 2008 to take up the position of Youth Director at Santa Barbara Soccer Club and has since become the Executive Director at Santa Barbara SC and now the Program Director for this new and exciting Players’ Academy.
Gallagher now resides in Santa Barbara, California with his wife Kelly. In 2006 Gallagher graduated from Westmont College with a BA in Business and Administration.
During his time in Northern Ireland, Gallagher played for several professional Youth Academies including Glentoran and Bangor FC. After moving to the U.S., Gallagher played at Irvine City College winning a State and National Championship before moving to play for the Westmont men’s soccer program in Santa Barbara.
Gallagher currently holds a USSF ‘A’ License, UEFA ‘B’ License and the U.S. Youth Soccer National Youth License.
- Santa Barbara SC – Multiple teams ages and genders (2008-present)
- Starfinder Foundation – City select and regional teams. Boys and girls (2006-2008)
- Fairmount Soccer Association (2006-2008)
- Irvine Lasers Soccer Club (2003-2004)
- Comber Rec Football Club (2001-2003)
- IFA Community Coaching (1998-2001)
- Dungoyne Boys FC (1998-2001)